Saturday, January 10, 2009

One More Gun?

Despite the sagging economy, it seems that gun sales are doing extremely well. With the depressing prospect of the Democrats running things in Washington for the next few years, maybe gun enthusiasts just need a new acquisition to cheer them up. More likely it's a matter of "buy them now before they're banned."
I'd like to do my part to show my support for the Second Amendment and buy a new gun this year.
"It's the principle of the thing," I told my wife Dawn. "Buying a new gun is the best way I can think of to make a statement."
"The only statement I'm concerned with is our bank statement," she said. "We have no money."
Naturally I've never let a little thing like "no money" stand in my way. The big question is, what should I buy? Right now I have rifles, shotguns and handguns to fill most of my hunting, plinking and defensive needs. Of course, buying a new gun should never be just about "need."
Any suggestions out there?

No comments: